The NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1995, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Investments, LLC works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. The NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, The NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
NRP Investments, LLC is currently seeking a Vertical Design Manager in the Boston, MA Office.
Reports to VP Design and Entitlements, working closely with NRP Design Managers (if applicable);
Developers; Construction personnel; regulators; and outside consultants. Primarily responsible for directing
certain project design elements; coordination and completion of competitive project tours; identification;
scoping work and requesting and finalizing consultant proposals: review of construction documents; gaining
regulatory approvals as required; maintaining internal review logs and information; field inspections of
certain design elements; problem solving with NRP Construction and assisting the VP of Design and
Entitlements as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management & Administrative: 50%
▪ Coordinate internal reviews; maintain project status information / logs; schedule and organize internal and
external work flow.
▪ Provide design related information to and communicate with relevant project team members including:
NRP Design Managers (if applicable), Developers and Construction Personnel; Consultants and other
groups / individuals.
▪ Develop and evaluate Requests for Proposals for consulting services.
▪ Working with Director of Creative Design, coordinate projects with Architect, Landscape Architect, and
Interior Design Consultants.
▪ Manage Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) Budgets for ensuring all funds are dispersed
appropriately for interior & exterior furnishings, computers, and equipment.
▪ Manage/oversee interior design consultants, including: contract administration, approval of all finish and
furniture selections, maintaining deadlines & budgets, and continuous correspondence.
• Meet project deadlines, with attention to detail, accuracy & budget.
• Formulate environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
▪ Working with Director of Creative Design, coordinate design related aspects of projects, including: interior
finish schedules, lighting specifications, signage packages, unit finish selections, and outdoor furniture
selection and layout.
• Advise on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and
equipment, color schemes, and color coordination.
▪ Coordinate with Director of Creative Design in management of the design efforts of Interior Designer and
▪ Work with Director of Creative Design and architect in the design and finalization of exterior elevations:
style, materials, colors. Direct regulatory review and approval of the same.
• Render design ideas in form of paste ups, drawings, or illustrations, as warranted.
▪ Communicate & negotiate with product vendors & representatives as needed.
▪ Maintain sample library.
• Coordinates with Director of Creative Design in selection and purchase of project furnishings, art works,
▪ Supervise furniture installations.
• Other tasks as assigned
▪ Bachelor’s degree: Architecture or Interior Design preferred
▪ Minimum 10 to 12 years related experience and expertise, 10 years preferred
▪ Working knowledge of International and State building and energy codes
▪ Knowledge of City and County governments and state health departments regarding the review and
approval process for regulatory submittals
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
▪ Computer Skills:
Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Microsoft Project (helpful) & Sketch Up or related software (helpful)
• Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with outside consultants and team members
▪ Demonstrable leadership and problem solving skills and qualities
• Excellent written and verbal skills
Tell us how we can help. Just put a few details on the form below.