NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP Investments, LLC is currently seeking a Horizontal Design & Entitlements Manager in Austin, TX.
Under the direction of the VP of Design and Entitlements, the Horizontal Design & Entitlements Manager works closely with Developers, Design Managers, Project Managers, and construction personnel; Jurisdictional Agencies/Regulators; and outside consultants. Primarily responsible for managing project Due Diligence, Entitlement, Horizontal Design and Consultants and processes from project conceptualization through permitting.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
Project Management & Administrative:
• Primary manager of due diligence and horizontal design and design consultants.
• Provide design related information to and communicate with relevant project team members
including: Developers, Vertical Design Managers, Development Project Managers, and
Construction Personnel; Consultants and other groups / individuals.
• Coordinate internal reviews; maintain project status information / logs; schedule and organize
internal and external work flow.
• Manage consultant team (coordinate with Vertical Design Manager on vertical-related
consultants) in preparation of design plans at various stages of Discretionary Approvals,
Schematic, Design Development and Construction Documents in concert with the project
• Coordinate recurring team design and coordination meetings including issuance of agendas and minutes
• Preparation and updating of detailed project schedules covering design through permitting.
• Responsible for detailed preparation, vetting, and updating of soft cost budget.
• Maintain master project issue list related to all tasks, primarily horizontal design, entitlements
and other scopes as warranted.
• Manage, oversee, and direct assistant Horizontal Design and Entitlement Manager(s), as
• Meet project deadlines, with attention to detail, accuracy & budget.
Due Diligence, Design, Permitting and Project Closing:
• Vetting, commissioning and finalizing consultant proposals and change orders for due diligence
and horizontal design.
• Early identification of all discretionary and quasi-discretionary approvals and other site
constraints and design factors which could influence overall project viability, cost, and
• Review, edit and finalize due diligence studies to include: Review of seller provided due
diligence documentation; Full Feasibility Study; Geotechnical Study; Boundary, Topographic and
Tree Surveys; Phase I/II ESA’s; Environmental Assessments; Wetland and Waters of the US
Assessment; Noise and Traffic Studies; and other special studies as required.
• Coordinate and review all entitlement and horizontal design packages in addition to gathering
internal comments from design and construction personnel from concept through permitting
• Work with VP of Design and Entitlements to lead and or assist in securing Brownsfield and
related approvals from Local, State and Federal agencies.
• Manage municipal plan preparation and approvals for drainage, roads, water, sewer and major
infrastructure improvements, both on site and off site.
• Coordinate preparation and processing of submittals and resubmittals to involved agencies /
• Assist and coordinate the responses and negotiations for complying with regulatory review
comments in all submittals except vertical design.
• Coordinate preparation, internal review, approval, and recordation of agreements, easements,
plats, and other legal documents.
• Assist in securing final approvals and permits including discretionary, site work, and building.
• Work with internal teams to value engineer projects during design and after pricing milestones.
• Assist Construction Personnel in working with franchise utility providers to finalize designs,
refine costing, and coordinate with wet utilities (public and private).
• Assist internal personnel in preparation of certain closing docs, compilation of studies and study
updates for closing, answering of lender and equity questions and issues.
• Preparation of complete Handoff Document for internal reference. Document to include list of
post-closing items and tasks as well as related due dates.
• Support Construction Personnel with preparation and processing of plan revisions and
clarifications; municipal issues and the like, as warranted, during construction.
• Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Real Estate, or Land Planning preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience; Working knowledge of residential and commercial real
estate, due diligence, design, and construction processes; General knowledge of Jurisdictional
Agencies’ entitlement and plan review processes.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Microsoft Project or
related software a plus
Other Requirements: None
Tell us how we can help. Just put a few details on the form below.