The NRP Group LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. The NRP Group is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, The NRP Group has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP Investments, LLC is currently seeking a Learning and Development Training Specialist in Cleveland, OH.
Under the direction of the Learning and Development Manager, the Training Specialist is responsible for researching, designing, creating, implementing and sustaining innovative learning and development initiatives for our NRP team members. A main area of focus will be curriculum creation and proactively collaborating with subject matter experts to conduct needs assessments to determine the learner audience, learning objectives and delivery platform for comprehensive learning solutions, which will enhance employee performance and strengthen the organization. Another integral area of focus will be welcoming new team members by providing an extraordinary new hire experience and ensuring their acclimation to our organization and culture.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Research, design, develop and deliver complete learning solutions (to include curriculum, instructor-led sessions, virtual instructor-led sessions, e-learning courses and training/learning resources) using mediums that match both subject matter and learning objectives while applying appropriate learning principles and design techniques.
• Ensure learning and development consistency (techniques, objectives, direction, etc.) is performed across departments.
• Be proficient and knowledgeable on all software programs used at NRP and the support teams at the sites and regional offices; and, coach employees to effectively use the systems and tools.
• Evaluate training effectiveness based on feedback and quantifiable data to enhance solution design and delivery.
• Recommend appropriate learning and development activities based on communicated need, observation, and research through reports and other measures.
• Identify, develop, and implement learning opportunities beyond normal scope (example: how to manage employees).
• Assist with creation, upload and management of content in the online learning management system (LMS)
• Ensure the creation, upload and management of policies and procedures in the online content management system (CMS)
• Ensure the effective creation, delivery and completion of assigned learning activities and job aids.
• Recommend additional technical training programs and/or learning activities as necessary to improve performance and development.
• Recommend appropriate learning and development activities based on research.
• Utilize e-learning authoring tools to create vibrant asynchronous learning programs.
• Skillfully facilitate face-to-face and virtual classroom delivery of engaging synchronous training sessions.
• Evaluate learned skills and report results to the management team. Evaluate employee accuracy, application, and consistency of demonstrated skill. Recommend solutions for any learning deficiencies.
• Review and research accuracy of data entered into various systems and report results to appropriate owner(s). Recommend solutions for any learning deficiencies.
• Manage day-to-day activities of multiple assigned projects, communicate status updates and preemptively identify changes in scope of work to ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to assess scope change impacts.
• Participate in meetings as required.
• Be willing to travel and execute any job duties as required to assist employee learning for improved operational performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Accountability - Accepts responsibility and accounts for his/her actions.
• Commitment - Perseverance and commitment to the business at hand and to the organizational and departmental goals.
• Communication - Effectiveness of both written and verbal skills. Communicates and/or understands instructions, sells ideas, obtains acceptance and action. Accurately informs management of important developments.
• Honesty & Integrity - Level of trust, truthfulness, and sharing of information. Demonstrates ethical behavior.
• Initiative - Demonstrates resourcefulness and independence in carrying out responsibilities and assignments.
• Job Knowledge - Exhibits both practical and technical knowledge of the position and knowledge of applicable support tools and resources.
• Judgment - Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Leadership - Enables success in both employees & peers; mentoring; coaching; clear and decisive administration.
• Mutual Respect - Treats everyone with respect for his or her originality, both personally and professionally. Respect for others unique qualities and expertise.
• Productivity - Meets reasonable time estimates, is organized and sets appropriate priorities for assigned work. Effectively controls and completes assignments according to instructions.
• Professionalism - Conduct and manner in which employee represents the organization in every internal and external business activity.
• Relationship Management - The ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with executive leaders, management, office/field staff and coworkers.
• Strategic Thinking - Takes long-term view. Evaluates alignment and identifies opportunities. Takes into account the wider operating environment.
• Systematic Thinking - Makes systematic use of organizational systems and processes. Takes an organized, logical approach to thinking through issues. Applies learning to new situations.
• Teamwork - Collaboration and cooperation with other employees, supervisors, and outside contacts. Open and accessible to every other person involved in any business transaction.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design or related field
• 3+ years in Adult Education, Associate Training, Curriculum Design
• Training and/or Curriculum and Instructional Design certifications preferred
• Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
• Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
• Experience writing policy and procedures
• Ability to design and implement effective training and development
• Experience using instructional design methodology
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software
• Must be able work independently with minimum supervision
• Must be flexible, self-directed and detail-oriented
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be willing to potentially travel 35%
Tell us how we can help. Just put a few details on the form below.