Come join NRP’s A+ team! We’ve been recognized as a “Top Workplace” because we promote a culture where our team can build long-term careers and connections. As we grow as a company, our goal is that you will grow in your career.
NRP has been recognized with several industry awards including Top Workplaces; Best and Brightest Companies to Work For; and National Apartment Association’s Best Places to Work.
We value our employees by offering a competitive benefit package including:
- Commission and bonus opportunities
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- Paid maternity & parental bonding leave
- Short & long term disability
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training, certification, & growth opportunities
- Employee referral & recognition programs
For over 25 years, NRP has been dedicated to building quality homes for our residents, regardless of income. The NRP Group is a full-service multifamily developer, general contractor, and property manager with assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts.
Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP Investments LLC is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager of Construction.
*Per our current company policy, assessment of COVID Vaccination status will be required for this position.
Under the direction of the Project Manager, Project Executive or VP of Construction, the Assistant Project Manager is responsible to assist with the overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and document control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards, project planning, cost management, time management, contract administration, code compliance and safety.
- Assist in charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
- Assist in bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Assist in implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
- Assist in development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Assist in preparing scopes of work and assist estimating with soliciting bids for the project.
- Assist in generating and reviewing project budget in preconstruction.
- Assist in generating assumption and qualifications statements.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining buyout schedule.
- Assist in reviewing and qualifying bids and consult with Senior Management before award of subcontracts. Assist in generating and compiling leveling sheets and preparing contracts and purchase orders for approval.
- Make best efforts to contract with MBE/FBE trade and supplies and track/report as required by contract.
- Assist in negotiating pricing and terms with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist the Project Manager in executing provisions contained within Owner Contract Documents for the lifecycle of the project.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budget, based on the monthly forecast.
- Assist in updating the project budget and preparing updated version ready for monthly reviews.
- Advise project team of any potential impacts to project budget.
- Investigate cost savings methods, materials and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and tracking cost issues and changes contained within revised plans, specifications, and RFI’s to ensure projections are accounted for in the budget.
- Assist in maintaining a record of field work orders and change orders and their impact upon job cost and the construction schedule.
- Assist in resolving subcontractor and supplier’s contractual disputes.
- Assist in documenting and tracking subcontractor back charges. Assist in documenting in writing with subcontractors via change order or other negotiated resolution.
- Assist in ensuring the accuracy of the budget and final project cost at closeout.
- May review and approve invoices for accuracy within an approval workflow.
- Assist in obtaining refunds for any deposits made during construction.
- Assist in obtaining the release of any bonds posted during construction by NRP or any subcontractor.
- Assist in ensuring quality issues are documented and addressed in writing with subcontractors.
- Assist in maintaining strict adherence to the quality standards.
- Assist in creating project specific contract specifications and scopes of work.
- Perform periodic site visits to ensure compliance will construction documents, commitments, and timeline.
- Assist in ensuring third party consultants and design team provide appropriate site inspections and report compliance with project documents.
- Assist in reviewing testing reports and ensuring appropriate threshold inspections are documented for compliance with AHJ and project documents.
- Assist in reviewing reports and tracking closure to any issues identified by consultants or inspectors.
- Identify and ensure all warranty documents are obtained and conform to various contract requirements and project specifications.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager, Project Manager, Project Superintendent Scheduling Department to prepare a project construction schedule and submit to Senior Management for approval.
- Review and update construction schedule with Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Scheduling Department weekly.
- Identify and report schedule impacts/challenges that have the potential to delay the project to senior management and report appropriately in weekly and monthly meetings with internal and external parties as directed.
- Assist in documenting schedule delays with subcontractors.
- Monitor the process to obtain certificates of occupancy within project timeline.
- Assist in updating turn schedules as required.
- Assist in accurately tracking weather delays with superintendent and generating substantial completion change requests per Project Manager direction.
- Maintain strict adherence to the safety standards.
- Evaluate project for possible hazards and risks.
- Coordinate with NRP Safety Department to ensure all required subcontractor safety documentation is submitted and approved.
- Coordinate preconstruction safety meetings with NRP Safety Department and subcontractors before work begins.
- Assist in resolving safety conflicts/violations when required.
- Assist in notifications to unsuccessful bidders once a subcontract is awarded.
- Assist in obtaining information required for the loan closing.
- Assist in resolving subcontractor and supplier’s contractual disputes.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Ensure revised plans and specifications are provided to the Project Superintendent, field, and to all subcontractors.
- Procure, receive, track, review, distribute, and seek approval of shop drawings, submittals, and RFIs.
- Maintain the submittal log showing items submitted, date submitted, date approved, and date returned to subcontractor. Expedite the approval process as to not delay job progress.
- Work with the Project Superintendent and Project Manager in anticipating and avoiding problems that may affect the construction project.
- Prepare and manage documents for meetings associated with the project.
- Communicate with the Project Superintendent and Project Manager daily regarding problems that may arise.
- Attend periodic team meetings as required. Meetings to include design team, project owner’s representative, construction staff, bank’s inspector, city or state agencies. Generate meeting minutes for meetings facilitated by NRP.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Obtain, assemble, distribute and file all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Obtain, organize and file all documents needed for owner’s close out manual.
- Ensure that all subcontracts and proper certificates of insurance are executed and filed prior to commencement of work by any subcontractor.
- Ensure that all performance and payment bonds or letters of credit, if required, have been filed or received.
- Ensure all performance and payment bonds are released as required.
- Coordinate and manage warranty.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Civil related field (Ex: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering Technology) preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
Experience: Preferred 3+ years of experience managing the construction of multi-family projects with stable employment history and proven track record.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook. Knowledge of Timberline, Bluebeam, Adobe and Onscreen Takeoff software a plus.
Driver’s License Required: Yes
- OSHA 10 hour preferred
- First Aid-AED training
- Additional safety certifications a plus