Property Management Facilities Project Manager
Cleveland, OHApply Now
Come join the NRP team as a Facilities Project Manager!
Under the direction of the Regional Maintenance Manager, the Facilities Project Manager will serve in a supportive role for NRP Management LLC in a variety of aspects including but not limited to the coordination and performance of special projects. While assisting in supporting our property maintenance teams, Community Managers, and Regional Property Managers the Facilities Project Manager will have the responsibility to support our various properties throughout the country. Responsibilities include the coordination of prelease, lease up, stabilized, and disposition of properties. The Facilities Project Manager will oversee NRP’s maintenance policies during site visits and facilities inspections and will be available to assist during or after standard working hours to assist with any emergency situations. Within this role the employee will be assigned with participating in and/or coordinating special facilities projects such as completion of pre due diligence and due diligence inspections, facilities inspections, unit acceptance walks, site visits, and additionally providing onsite or virtual training for new and existing onsite team members. The Facilities Project Manager will take a hands-on role within the facilities training program to enhance the employee experience and reduce turnover. This position will have a travel requirement of approximately 75%.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement:
- Provide coaching & training to maintenance associates to follow policy & best practices
- Participate in scheduled calls with Regional Property Managers to allow for clear communication and understanding of property needs
- Communicate with onsite maintenance teams to address questions & concerns from the field
- Interview candidates for Maintenance Supervisor positions.
- Assist in identifying and addressing warranty work and replacement needs
- Respond to any major maintenance or risk management issues at communities as directed by the Director of Facilities.
- Coordinate vendors and attend onsite meetings with contractors or inspectors.
- Conduct Facilities Property Inspection via HappyCo for each property and follow up on all action items.
- Follow up of company/owner maintenance objectives for each property in the assigned region.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of maintenance items, capital improvements for annual budgets.
- Act as liaison between upper management and site personnel.
- Responsible for all necessary measures so that all properties operate in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws including, but not limited to, Fair Housing and HUD.
- Ensure that the communities are following all safety guidelines in respect to OSHA,
- EPA, and NRP Risk Management procedures.
- Work with all MS’s to maintain schedule of maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers’ recommendations and operating manuals
- Ability to Learn - Maintains the initiative, self-motivation and willingness to learn. Retains the concepts learned from training and coaching.
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility and accounts for his/her actions.
- Analytical Ability - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems.
- Application - Follows procedure and protocol. Focused level of attention and concentration to the tasks at hand.
- Attitude - Consistently exhibits enthusiasm and provides positive responses to suggestions and guidance.
- Commitment - Perseverance and commitment to the business at hand and to the organizational goals.
- Communication - Effectiveness of both written and verbal skills. Communicates and/or understands instructions, sells ideas, obtains acceptance and action. Accurately informs supervisors and subordinates of important developments.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to effectively deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Service - Committed to consistently providing the highest level of service to all customers. Sets customer expectations properly and manages them closely.
- Developing Talent - Identifies direct reports' development needs. Constructs and executes compelling development plans and holds frequent development discussions. Actively works to promote high performers and brings out the best in people.
- Directing People - Delegates effectively, leverages staff abilities, and gives clear instructions. Monitors work results, work quality, and provides oversight. Cascades organizational vision and goals to team members.
- External Relations - Builds strong relationships with external parties by obtaining confidence, respect and cooperation. Responds innovatively and constructively to the needs of external parties. Recognizes additional opportunities and relationships.
- Follow-Up - Establishes due dates for projects and assignments. Holds self and others accountable for meeting targets. Confirms that agreed upon actions have been taken. Advises others immediately whenever milestones or deadlines are in jeopardy and poses a solution.
- Initiative - Demonstrates resourcefulness and independence in carrying out responsibilities and assignments.
- Job Knowledge - Exhibits both practical and technical knowledge of the position and knowledge of applicable support tools and resources.
- Judgment - Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Leadership - Enables success in both employees & peers; mentoring; coaching; clear and decisive administration.
- Mutual Respect - Treats everyone with respect for their originality, both personally and professionally. Respect for others unique qualities and expertise.
- Professionalism - Conduct and manner in which employee represents the organization in every internal and external business activity.
- Quality of Work - Attention to detail; assurance of accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness. Checks information; picks up inconsistencies and mistakes.
- Quantity of Work - Volume of work produced consistently and efficiently.
- Relationship Management - The ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and coworkers.
- Reliability - Consistently meets deadlines, follows up, and effectively uses time.
- Teamwork - Collaboration and cooperation with other employees, supervisors, and outside contacts. Open and accessible to every other person involved in any business transaction.
- Time Management - Effectively utilizes available time for the completion of necessary job tasks.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
Experience: 5+ years of multi-family maintenance experience or experience in related field. Formal training or experience in the following areas: HVAC, carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, etc.
Technical Skills: Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Yardi.
Other Requirements: Valid Driver’s License