Come join the NRP Team as a Community Assistant at Lumen in Houston, Texas.
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Community Assistant is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service in the daily management of the community, coordinating of all aspects of property operations, and working in the capacity of the Community Manager in his or her absence. The Community Assistant role has a strong emphasis on managing administrative aspects of the community while working to establish a quality living environment for residents.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Maximize cash flow at the property by maximizing revenue, minimizing delinquencies, ensuring timely rent collection, monitoring banking activities and daily deposits, and contacting residents to collect overdue rent
- Ensure all Yardi data is correct by monitoring input and report functions, accuracy and timely preparation of leasing activities, A/R cash receipts, A/P invoices, statements of disposition, monthly closing procedures, and late fees
- Assist Community Manager in meeting targeted revenue goals by exceeding occupancy budgets, creating market incentives, improving resident retention, and monitoring property’s financial performance
- Complete re-certifications as required by The NRP Group policies and procedures at tax credit communities.
- Maintain and organize all resident files
- Responsible for maintaining accurate payroll reporting including e-time editing and bonus preparation
- Support the leasing team by leasing apartments, responding to telephone inquiries, qualifying applicants, show apartments, ensuring all move-in paperwork is accurately prepared
- Manage renewals and active leases, tracking expirations, preparing expiration letters and drafting renewal leases
- Maintain on-going, in-depth knowledge of associated market to give a competitive edge, perform monthly market studies and physically shop competition bi-monthly
- Assist in monitoring compliance with Fair Housing regulations, Tax Compliance regulations, and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines in occupancy standards
- Review and analyze weekly traffic reports and numbers, assist with weekly marketing meetings
- Monitor direction of rental activity and all onsite sales, marketing outreach, and advertising plans
- Assists in planning and preparation of resident events
- Complete a daily inspection of the property and market-ready units
- Assist with the monitoring and directing of service operations to ensure service requests are completed within 24 hours and curb appeal standards are met
- Provide excellent customer service and display courteous and professional attitude toward all customers
- Maintain availability or coverage for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, and weekends
- Advise Community Manger of conditions of the community affecting the resident’s safety, dissatisfaction, and to preserve the asset
- Available for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, community affiliated functions and weekends
- Assist Community Manager in recruiting and selecting team members, understanding and adhering to the hiring policies, procedures, and core values
- Assist Community Manager in evaluating and supervising team members
- May occasionally be required to assist at other properties
- Run errands to support the property as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, college preferred.
Experience: One-year property management experience or 4-year degree in a related field.
Technical Skills: Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi Experience preferred
Other Requirements: Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation