To our valued team members and partners,
Like you, we have been closely monitoring the developments surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19). As details emerge, we have been working quickly to adapt our policy and keep the safety of our teams at the forefront. Our most important priority is to protect the health and well-being our employees and subcontractors. To do this, we have taken several steps to help foster a safe and healthy work environment. Here’s what we want you to know:
We are keeping our job sites open when and where permitted.
We made this decision because we have trust in your ability to help us maintain a safe job site. We feel a commitment to the men and women who help us to accomplish these projects, and we understand the importance of maintaining a steady working environment. While we have decided to continue working, we also want to ensure that our sites are as healthy as possible. Within the next 48 hours, we will be releasing our “Infectious Disease Job Site Safety Protocol” to all NRP Employees, Subcontractors, and Suppliers that identify how to manage work on our projects under the current circumstances.
We are taking precautionary measures.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are taking the necessary steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. All of our sites will be equipped with facts and suggestions about how to help avoid contracting the virus. Wash stations and sanitizers will be available at each site so that employees can clean their hands regularly. We also require teams to practice safe social distancing by prohibiting any meetings inside and encouraging employees to maintain a six-foot distance from everyone on site. Most importantly, we are asking anyone who feels sick to stay at home!
We have formed a COVID-19 Task Force.
In addition to these initial steps, we have also formed a COVID-19 Task Force made up of experienced NRP leaders who are dedicated to ensuring our health and safety during this challenge. This team is communicating daily and working together to implement updated policies and procedures.
In the meantime, the following precautions are to be taken at all of our job sites effective immediately.
• All meetings with ten or more people shall be held outside.
• Discontinue the use of community water, coffee, or food.
• Avoid handshakes and close contact with team members, and always wash and sanitize your hands following any contact.
• Employees and subcontractors will be required to leave the job site if they are not feeling well or displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
• Refrain from sharing cups, pens, pencils, plan-sets, tablets, laptops, tools, or any other items that may carry germs.
• Frequently wash your hands. CDC recommends you wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
o If facilities are not available, please use dissolving disinfectant liquid (hand sanitizer). Allow liquid time to dry and do not wipe off any excess.
• Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and face.
• Avoid close contact. Maintain six feet of separation as much as possible.
• Keep surface areas clean and disinfect regularly.
• Every time you apply any personal protective equipment (PPE) to your face, wash hands (as directed above) and then disinfect PPE.
• Wash Clothing and other Reflective Gear regularly.
• Before Eating or Drinking on the job site, make sure to disinfect hands, bottles, and surrounding surfaces.
Our goal is to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our projects operational so long as we can maintain a safe and healthy working environment and government jurisdictions allow. We will be following up with you regularly as we advance our safety measures and establish additional policy. I appreciate all the hard work and dedication to the task at hand.
President, NRP Construction