NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
NRP Investments LLC is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager of Construction at the NRP San Antonio Office.
Under the direction of the Project Manager and VP of Construction, the Construction Assistant Project Manager is responsible for cost estimating, contract administration, field operations oversight, schedule adherence, project compliance with specifications and commitments, and government and owner relations throughout the construction phase.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Prepare preliminary estimates during the design phase of work.
- Coordination of drawings and design of the professionals involved in the project.
- Consult with the Project Superintendent to prepare a project construction schedule and submit to Senior Management for approval.
- Perform material take offs and distribute to vendors for pricing.
- Receive the bids, analyze same, and consult with Senior Management before award of subcontracts.
- Make best efforts to contract with MBE/FBE trade and supplies.
- Ensure that all subcontracts and proper Certificates of Insurance are on file prior to commencement of work by any subcontractor.
- Ensure that all performance and payment bonds or letters of credit, if required, have been received.
- Assist in creating and maintaining specifications and scopes of work.
- Investigate cost savings methods, materials, procedures, and generally keep abreast of the state-of-the-art techniques.
- Review and update construction schedule with Project Superintendent weekly.
- Maintain a current “stick” set of plans in the office.
- Distribute revised plans and specifications to the Project Superintendent, field, and to all subcontractors.
- Procure, receive, track, review, distribute, seek approval as necessary, and approve shop drawings and submittals.
- Maintain the shop drawing log showing items submitted, date submitted, date approved, and date returned to subcontractor. Expedite the approval process as to not delay job progress.
- Maintain a record of field work orders and change orders and their impact upon job cost and the construction schedule.
- Assist the Project Superintendent in anticipating and avoiding problems that may affect the construction schedule and/or budget.
- Advise project team of any potential impacts to project schedule or budget
- Maintain forms for administering each project.
- Interact with subcontractors and suppliers to resolve contractual disputes.
- Request MSDS sheets from subcontractors and suppliers and distribute them.
- Request all safety related documentation.
- Confer with the Project Superintendent daily regarding problems that may arise.
After Completion of Project
- Assist in obtaining information required for the loan closing.
- Assist in and ensure the accuracy of the Final Project Cost.
- Obtain, assemble, distribute and file all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Provide documentation needed for Owner’s close out manual
- Assist with warranty coordination on an as needed basis
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Civil related field (Ex: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering Technology) preferred or equivalent relevant experience
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience managing the construction of multi-family projects with stable employment history and proven track record. Knowledge of site work, utility infrastructure, structural building, mechanical and interior finishes required.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project; knowledge of Timberline software a plus
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Other Requirements: OSHA 10 or 30 hour card preferred.