NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP Investments LLC is currently seeking a Project Superintendent of Construction in Houston, TX.
Under the direction of the Project Manager of Construction, the Superintendent is directly responsible for coordinating and supervising all on-site activities for the construction of residential complexes in accordance with project documents, safety and scheduling commitments.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Organize sequencing of field operations, staging of materials and satellite office.
- Prepare project updates, documentation and related administrative duties.
- Solve problems, prioritize and multi-task while maintaining excellent communication and organizational skills at all times.
- Implement quality assurance and control procedures. Ensure the work performed complies with all requirements of the contract documents and specifications.
- Supervise on-site construction activities to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design and project commitments while maintaining professionalism, integrity and ethical conduct at all times.
- Represent the company during the execution of work to all project related parties, including subcontractors, consultants, owners, vendors, and municipal agencies as required.
The Key Responsibilities of the Project Superintendent include the following:
- Assist project management with obtaining all necessary permits for construction related purposes.
- Work with municipalities and utility providers for service installation and inspection.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings and project subcontractor and safety meetings.
- Review scope-of-work, project specifications and drawing details; provide technical assistance and direction as required.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed as defined by the company safety program and in accordance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Enforce that all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, requirement standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Coordinate deliveries and material staging to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Inform project management sequence of construction and scheduling developments.
- Ensure work performed on the project complies with all requirements of the contract documents, specifications and building code standards.
- Approve and process monthly subcontractor and vender payment applications.
- Report to the project manager and act as an adviser on all job-related problems and issues.
- Complete accurate job and progress reports and other related project documentation.
- Exercise control of the construction process in order to meet project commitments and turn dates from project inception through completion and Certificate of Occupancy.
Duties will require the physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs.
- Upon occasion, inspection of work may require the ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Condition of work will require walking, traversing through adverse soil conditions and various grade elevations.
- Position may require minimal manual labor and must be able to lift or move up to 60lbs
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Civil related field (Ex: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering Technology) preferred or equivalent relevant experience
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience managing the construction of multi-family projects with stable employment history and proven track record. Knowledge of site work, utility infrastructure, structural building, mechanical and interior finishes required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- Effective oral communication and writing skills
- A solid understanding of construction principles and techniques
- Ability to problem solve, forward think and plan ahead
Driver’s License Required: Yes
- OSHA 10 hour - 30 hour certifications a plus
- First Aid-AED training