NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP Investments LLC is currently seeking a Project Manager of Construction.
*Per our current company policy, assessment of COVID Vaccination status will be required for this position.
Under the direction of the Project Executive or VP of Construction, the Construction Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning, buyout scheduling, budget management, contract negotiations, subcontractor selection, and project accounting. Provides technical direction and ensures compliance with quality standards.
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Perform detailed review of contract documents to ensure cost effective building practices and constructability.
- Prepare scopes of work and assist estimating with soliciting bids for the project. Review and qualify the bids and consult with Senior Management before award of subcontracts.
- Assist in generating and reviewing project budget in preconstruction.
- Assist in generating assumption and qualifications statements.
- Establish and maintain buyout schedule.
- Make best efforts to contract with MBE/FBE trade and supplies and track/report as required by contract.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for the generation of all contracts and purchase orders within appropriate timeframe to allow work to begin within schedule constraints.
- Advise unsuccessful bidders once a subcontract is awarded.
- Responsible to review, understand, and execute provisions contained within Owner Contract Documents for the lifecycle of the project.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budget, based on the monthly forecast.
- Maintain and update the project budget weekly and have an updated version ready for monthly reviews. Provide accurate and timely cost projections based on current information.
- Investigate cost savings methods, materials and procedures.
- Responsible to identify and track cost issues and changes contained within revised plans, specifications, and RFI’s to ensure projections are accounted for in the budget.
- Maintain a record of field work orders and change orders and their impact upon job cost and the construction schedule.
- Advise project team of any potential impacts to project budget.
- Identify, track and ensure subcontractor back charges are documented in writing with subcontractors and closed via change order or other negotiated resolution.
- Review Invoices for accuracy, approve, and monitor the progress of approvals to assure timely payment of vendor invoices and subcontractor draws.
- Generate monthly draw package and verify all cost are captured from subcontractors within deadlines established to ensure timely funding for monthly draw.
- Interact with subcontractors and suppliers to resolve contractual disputes. Negotiate change orders with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the budget and final project cost at closeout.
- Obtain refunds for any deposits made during construction.
- Obtain the release of any bonds posted during construction by NRP or any subcontractor.
- Ensure quality issues are documented and addressed in writing with subcontractors.
- Maintain strict adherence to the quality standards.
- Create project specific contract specifications and scopes of work.
- Perform periodic site visits to ensure compliance will construction documents, commitments, and timeline.
- Ensure third party consultants and design team provide appropriate site inspections and report compliance with project documents.
- Review testing reports and ensure appropriate threshold inspections are documented for compliance with AHJ and project documents.
- Responsible to review reports and document closure to any issues identified by consultants or inspectors.
- Identify and ensure all warranty documents are obtained and conform to various contract requirements and project specifications.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager, Project Superintendent and Scheduling Department to prepare a project construction schedule and submit to Senior Management for approval.
- Verify schedule assumptions during scope reviews with subcontractors.
- Clearly document schedule requirements within subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Review and update construction schedule with Project Superintendent and Scheduling Department weekly.
- Identify and report schedule impacts/challenges that have the potential to delay the project to senior management and report appropriately in weekly and monthly meetings with internal and external parties.
- Ensure schedule delays are documented and addressed in writing with subcontractors.
- Monitor the process to obtain certificates of occupancy within project timeline.
- Ensure building turn schedules are accurately reported within company systems and per owner contract provisions. Update turn schedule as required.
- Responsible for accurately tracking weather delays with superintendent and generate substantial completion change requests per Owner Contract requirements.
- Maintain strict adherence to the safety standards.
- Evaluate project for possible hazards and risks.
- Coordinate with NRP Safety Department to ensure all required subcontractor safety documentation is submitted and approved.
- Coordinate preconstruction safety meetings with NRP Safety Department and subcontractors before work begins.
- Assist in resolving safety conflicts/violations when required.
- Advise unsuccessful bidders once a subcontract is awarded.
- Assist in obtaining information required for the loan closing.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Ensure revised plans and specifications are provided to the Project Superintendent, field, and to all subcontractors.
- Procure, receive, track, review, distribute, and seek approval of shop drawings, submittals, and RFIs.
- Maintain the submittal log showing items submitted, date submitted, date approved, and date returned to subcontractor. Expedite the approval process as to not delay job progress.
- Work with the Project Superintendent in anticipating and avoiding problems that may affect the construction project.
- Prepare and manage documents for meetings associated with the project.
- Communicate with the Project Superintendent daily regarding problems that may arise.
- Facilitate and/or attend periodic team meetings as required. Meetings to include design team, project owner’s representative, construction staff, bank’s inspector, city or state agencies. Generate meeting minutes for meetings facilitated by NRP.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Obtain, assemble, distribute and file all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Obtain, organize and file all documents needed for owner’s close out manual.
- Ensure that all subcontracts and proper certificates of insurance are executed and filed prior to commencement of work by any subcontractor.
- Ensure that all performance and payment bonds or letters of credit, if required, have been filed or received.
- Ensure all performance and payment bonds are released as required.
- Prepare and distribute monthly owner’s reports.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Civil related field (Ex: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering Technology) preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
Experience: Preferred 5+ years of experience in multifamily or wood frame construction projects with stable employment history and proven track record.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of Timberline, Bluebeam, Adobe and Onscreen Takeoff software, a plus.
Driver’s License Required: Yes
- OSHA 30 hour preferred
- First Aid-AED training preferred.
- Additional safety certifications a plus