Applying three decades of success to helping others succeed.
For nearly three decades, NRP Construction has been an owner, general contractor, and manager of hundreds of projects and tens of thousands of multifamily apartment homes over a fifteen-state footprint. We take what we’ve learned from all that experience and apply our highly customized approach to provide comprehensive third-party construction services.
We offer our valued clients the services of our best people, processes, and technology, as well as our strong and longstanding relationships with subcontractors, tradespeople, vendors, and suppliers. As the NMHC #9 Top Builder in the U.S., and winner of the NAHB Pillar Award for Best Builder in the U.S., our reach and scale give us access to unparalleled pricing, talent, and quality.
Based on consistently exceeding expectations and providing top-quality, on-time, on-budget multifamily communities, our third-party general contracting business has become over 25% of production for NRP Construction and continues to grow at an accelerated rate.
See how NRP Construction can work for you.
Comprehensive general contractors.
The NRP Group covers a range of development types—including market rate, LIHTC, HUD 221D4, and moderate/mixed income—and product types ranging from garden-style walk-up to mid-rise podium to townhomes and more. We provide turnkey end-to-end pre-construction, design and entitlement, and general construction services.
Our large, dedicated pre-construction team has developed a world-class core competence in design-assist and design-build processes, and handles all aspects of pre-construction, options exploration, and the technical aspects of project preparation.
- Developing and writing scopes of work
- Finding, soliciting, and collecting bids
- Setting quantity takeoffs—detailed material quantity aggregates
- Reviewing progress drawings to help identify areas needing attention
- Developing and assembling value engineering options and ideas
We are able to help guide the management of architects and consultants, the public and private permitting and approval processes, coordination of utility services, and compliance with ADA and other regulatory design standards.
- Help guide the management of architects and consultants
- Advise on navigating city approval processes and permitting, including design review boards, zoning, and permitting
- Consult on coordinating new utility services with utility providers
- Advise on compliance with ADA and other regulatory design standards
- Provide input on each stage of the design process to ensure all details are coordinated
We offer complete end-to-end project management, with structured ongoing client communications, comprehensive safety programs and processes, comprehensive financial and project reporting, and a best-in-class level of service that yields on-time, on-budget project performance.
- Complete end-to-end project management supervision
- Structured ongoing client communications with associated documentation on all key metrics and project/budget status
- Safety: Regional safety managers visiting each site weekly; detailed subcontractor safety program and daily job hazard analysis program
High-touch project execution.
From the earliest project feasibility review and design development stages through project leasing and closeout stages, our construction team is experienced and equipped to deliver the support owners and developers depend on to ensure success. We have developed a centralized project management system that provides consistency for every new construction project we undertake. Starting from day one, our project staff can focus on the finer construction details and plan execution throughout the life of a project.
- Design development call initiated
- Tracking documents created
- Conceptual budget pricing produced
- Site constraints identified
- Pre-construction timeline/
- Design documents reviewed
- Budget pricing checked/updated
- Value engineering or project improvement options reviewed
- Major infrastructure coordination initiated
- Municipal/regulatory coordination initiated
- Project design finalized
- Project construction costs finalized
- Construction schedule finalized
- Permit process completed
- Contract negotiations and documents finalized
Your A+ project team.
The NRP Group brings the full force of its organizational capabilities, talent, and institutional knowledge to each third-party construction project. As a client of NRP Construction, your project gets integrated directly into the NRP project flow, with all the same processes and resources.
Put NRP to work for you.
From pre-construction to design and entitlement to general construction, NRP has honed its craft over nearly three decades by building hundreds of communities representing tens of thousands of apartment homes. By starting with A+ talent and then deploying the best tools, processes, technology, and culture, we have consistently delivered excellent results, proudly becoming the preferred partner for stakeholders throughout the multifamily industry.
For more information, email us here.